The Student News Site of Claudia Taylor Johnson High School

My Jag News

My Jag News

My Jag News

Best gifts for every budget

by Courtney Smith | editor in chief

With the holidays just around the corner, it can be time consuming and difficult to pick out the perfect gift for your loved ones. Luckily, this list has the best gifts for every budget! Keep reading to find the purchase you’ve been dreaming of.

Gifts $10.00 and under

• Fuzzy Socks– keep it simple and give a simple pair of fuzzy socks as a stocking stuffer or as a gift for a friend who you aren’t necessarily besties with, but you’re still thinking of. Fuzzy socks come in a variety of different colors and varieties, so you’re sure to find a good pair. The best part? A pair like these, from Target, can be yours for only $5.00! screen-shot-2016-12-13-at-2-14-57-pmscreen-shot-2016-12-13-at-2-14-15-pm
  •  Monogram Mug– a mug is a classic, cheap gift for a cocoa, coffee, or hot tea lover! This Anthropologie mug is super cute and only $8.00. Bonus: it’s dishwasher safe and can be ordered online or purchased in-store.
  • Phone Case– tech gifts can be pricey. But, for the phone-obsessed person in your life, consider buying them a phone case. It’s practical and there are so many options for the guy or girl on your list. 
  • Decision Maker– keep asking someone what they want for the holidays and get an “um” or an “I don’t know”? The decision maker is the perfect gag-gift that still looks like a cool modern addition to a boring desk or shelf. Maybe next year they’ll think of something.
  • Textured Heart Frame– not only is this heart frame petite and a perfect addition to your loved one’s room or office, but it’s under $5! Print out a picture of the two of you- whether it’s your significant other, parent, sibling, or friend- and you have a great gift for under $10.

Gifts $25.00 and under

• Festive Friends Lush Gift Set– not only are bath bombs super popular, but Lush sells them in adorable packaging that makes gifting easy and pretty! They have so many options for gift sets depending on the holiday and budget, but Festive Friends comes with three luxurious bath bombs (Father Christmas, a penguin, and a butterbear) for just $22.95. Also, Lush products are Vegan and cruelty free. screen-shot-2016-12-13-at-2-21-15-pm
  • Tarte Tartelette Tease Clay Eyeshadow Palette– give your gals the gift of makeup that won’t break the bank. This palette comes with six beautiful eyeshadows perfect for the season. “Bff” is a pretty plum shade and “Crush” is a taupe shimmer that will add shine to any holiday look! Even better? The palette is pocket sized and can fit in a travel bag, backpack, or purse.  
  • screen-shot-2016-12-13-at-2-23-15-pmGift Card– okay, okay…so a gift card might seem a little lazy, but it is really the only way you can be certain that the gift recipient gets what they want and could really use. You can opt for a Visa so they can spend it anywhere, or give it a more personal feel by choosing a place you know they love.
  • Button Up Shirt– give the gift of fashion with a button up for the dapper dude in your life. The one pictured comes in burgundy or black and is on sale (like the rest of American Eagle’s items) for $23.97! 

Gifts $50.00 and under

• Teavana Tea Sampler– warm your loved ones up with a tea sampler from Teavana. There are plenty of options that you can purchase online or buy in store (in store bonus: friendly service and you get to taste the tea you’re purchasing). They offer a classic tea sampler ($30), tea starter kits equipped to make a tea lover out of anyone ($30), and a holiday gift set ($40) equipped with favorites like White Chocolate Peppermint and CocoCaramel Sea Salt. screen-shot-2016-12-13-at-2-14-47-pm
  • Hydro Flask Water Bottle– you may have heard about the Yeti, but the Hydro Flask is quickly gaining a fanbase because of it’s unique cap design that maintains the temperature of your drink as well as the vast amount of color options to suit anyone’s taste. If you buy online, you can even customize the bottle. A 21 oz. bottle will only cost you $27.95 and the larger model, a 32 oz. wide mouth, costs between $39.95 and $44.95, depending on the cap you select.
  • Vineyard Vines Shirt– the presence of the pink whale is becoming increasingly popular thanks to the signature Vineyard Vines T-shirts available for men, women, and kids alike. There are various color options- from bright pink to navy blue- and even come in special holiday patterns. Pick one up for $49.50. screen-shot-2016-12-13-at-2-14-34-pm
  • Cologne/Perfume– although buying a scent for someone else can be risky, there’s something to be said about receiving a good one. Plus, at this time of year, plenty of brands offer deals and gift sets, making giving easy! I included two of my own favorite brands for the sake of making this list, but the possibilities are endless. (pro tip: go to Marshall’s or try a drugstore to get the same gift for a better price). Both things here are $35.00. 

Gifts $100 and under

• UrBeats– although these aren’t the newest generation of Beats, they’re still an awesome piece for any music lover. They come in several color options and are a perfect stocking stuffer treat! ($99.95). Some good and slightly cheaper alternatives include the JBL Everest 100 Earphones and the Jaybird X2 headphones if bought in select stores.
  • Elisa Pendant– this necklace can probably be found on nearly every dresser nowadays, but it’s popularity is justified in its petite yet staple making look that can be easily paired and layered with other metals and necklaces. At anywhere between $50 and $75 based on the stone you pick, the Elisa Pendant will be a holiday favorite whether it be for your friend, girlfriend, mother, sister, or daughter. screen-shot-2016-12-13-at-2-14-24-pm