New schedule ready for JHS debut

Dear Jaguars,

We are almost ready for the year to begin and we can’t wait to see our young Jaguars again. As with any new year, we look for ways to make Johnson an even better place to learn for ALL students. One idea we feel will help make Johnson a better place to learn involves a bell schedule that allows for more flexibility. This flexibility will provide students with opportunities to learn about different things, be better prepared for testing, look at learning a little differently, and get work done on time.

Last month I sent you an e-mail explaining the FLEX DAY schedule and new bell schedule (see attachments). On Tuesday, August 14th ,beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the auditorium, I am holding a parent meeting to present the FLEX DAY schedule and answer any questions you may have relating to this new initiative. Although this is a meeting designed for parents, you are welcome to bring your student.

During this meeting I will also discuss our new 9th grade initiative that incorporates “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” by Sean Covey. We will spend the first nine-week grading period discussing the “7 Habits” and provide students with tools and suggestions that have been proven to help ALL students succeed. Our goal, for this initiative, is to give our incoming freshmen some tips on how to be successful in high school and beyond.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 356-0405 or e-mail [email protected]