The Student News Site of Claudia Taylor Johnson High School

My Jag News

My Jag News

My Jag News

Facing the 20’s: make-up tips for Homecoming

Microsmooth Blush Duo will highlight the cheekbones to create the perfect glow.

by Alexxis Miller | Staff Writer

When the roaring 20’s started many things started changing, especially with women.  One major change was style, this era started the creative use of make up. Women wanted to stand out and show their independence. These ladies enhanced their  power by enhancing their color. To really imitate the 20’s, I have recommended products and mentioned a few tips to help you get the look.

Step 1: Apply foundation or face powder of your color to your entire face. Make up Forever $42

Step 2: Apply a blush of a rose colored or soft pink color to inspire the 20’s look, the technique I recommend is to take your brush, place on cheek, and turn your head instead of the brush. This will guarantee your blush to be directly on your cheek. Microsmooth Blush Duo $17

Step 3: If needed, use a brow pencil to darken your eyebrows. In the 20’s, many women  would darken their brows to make them stand out. When doing this, stroke pencil against brows. This leaves a more natural brow. Le Crayon Poudre $25

Step 4: In the 1920’s the eyes revolved around the classic black liner worn on the top lid. This made the eyes look more wide and more dramatic without overpowering the contrast of the soft rose blush. Buxom Pen and Ink Long- Lasting Eyeliner $20

Step 5: In this era, the lips made the look. The rest of the make up is very soft but the lip is the pop.  A red glossy lip is the finishing touch to complete your 20‘s look. With these tips you would have easily transformed yourself into a modern day flapper. Stilia Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick $22