Limited summer plans? Check out these local places you can visit

by Tala Kamil | staff writer

Even though it may not seem like it, San Antonio has plenty to do for everyone. From theme parks to history tours, you will find something to do no matter what you are looking for. 

The River Walk

The River Walk is San Antonio’s main attraction. The majority of visitors come down here for a walk or to dine on one of the outside patios. The River Walk may be enjoyed from the luxury of a riverboat on a guided tour or dinner cruise, which is one of the most pleasant ways to see it.

The Japanese Tea Garden

The Japanese Tea Garden is open all year. Stunning blossoming flowers, a beautiful drum bridge, a historic pagoda, a Zen garden, and much more can be found within. You may also spend some additional time at the on-site teahouse, where you may have a cup of tea or a meal. Prices for admission to the garden are amazing; ranging from $3-9.

San Antonio Zoo

The zoo is a place for everyone to enjoy. The San Antonio Zoo is one of the largest and has more than 8,000 animals for everyone to have fun with. Tickets are affordable and start from $14.40. You can check for more information about the tickets on their website.

Wonder Chamber

If you wish to see a colorful space to have fun in, the Wonder Chamber should be on your list. It’s a pop-up museum with areas for being creative and taking incredible pictures for an hour straight! On their website, you will find cost-effective ticket prices ranging from $15-24. 

San Antonio Museum of Art

The expansive museum has an amazing selection of over 30,000 items representing 5,000 years of culture from throughout the world. There’s also a great gift shop and a fantastic café to visit!