The Student News Site of Claudia Taylor Johnson High School

My Jag News

My Jag News

My Jag News

An update on current trends

An update on current trends

Vera Bradley Women's Cotton Xl Campus Backpack Island Tile Blue : TargetI remember begging my mom for a Vera Bradley backpack so I wouldn’t stand out so much, but of course I wasn’t given what I wanted. Unlike how I thought things would go, life moved on, and then the whole fame of it declined and I never stressed about it again.
When I saw how much a cup could affect someone’s life, I thought it was the silliest idea. Stanley cups are a staple for everyone it seems like now, and I don’t get the hype at all. I mean, in reality, it really is just another water bottle. In my personal experience, It’s a huge and heavy water bottle that has a cream color. It’s already sitting next to every other bottle, for me it doesn’t stand out at all. I won’t be waiting for a collab to change my mind, because the color doesnt change the quality.
Then there’s the Sephora kids, which are young girls who are raiding beauty stores such as Sephora for the latest makeup trends. The amount of story-times you will see if you look it up on Tiktok, it’s no surprise to me. A lack of respect and an easy access to money created a retail worker’s nightmare.
While mentioning younger kids, I seriously do not understand the ‘Skibidi Toilet’ sensation. From what I’ve learned it is a human head inside a toilet. That’s really it, but somehow it gained popularity within Youtube and now you can see the next generation has truly reached a different version of brain rot. With easy access to technology, and the confirmation that technology usage can create issues in your brain, I’m worried.
My personal favorite though, is the resurgence of 2014-2016. Throwbacks are becoming the norm, and the recreation of life during those years has become a huge hit within teenagers. With older music coming back, Uggs being the new thing, I too wish that this new year will be just like the old lifestyle. I hope it doesn’t die out, because little me is thriving right now even though I didn’t have that type of life I was wanting at the time.
Personally, I’m still waiting for my Vera Bradley bag so I could at least act like I had it when it was popular and fit in.