NEISD job and internship fair open to seniors now

New event encourages students to get career expertise before college

The first ever NEISD Internship and Job Fair is open for all seniors at Littleton Gym at Blossom Athletics Center on Friday, Apr. 3.

“We have a variety of employers that are going to be representing the various pathways that we offer,” business education teacher Michele Weeks said.

This fair will allow seniors to be exposed to the career-driven world where they can get an idea of what they would like to do in the future.

Seniors can scan this code to register for the event.

“The opportunity to practice their interview skills, learn about summer internships, or maybe summer jobs that they might be interested in pursuing,” Weeks said will be part of what students can gain by attending the event.

Students will be able to network and practice their public speaking and interviewing as well as seeing what is available on site.

“I know that during internship and job fairs, the hiring managers are there and so they are looking to interview on site,” Weeks said. “So for students that are looking for employment and new opportunities, they’re able to get all of that completed while they’re there at Blossom.”

To register, seniors should scan the QR code located in the counselor’s office or in room E208. Students will be shuttled from their campus to Blossom Athletics Center and then shuttled back to their campus. There are also two sessions – both are two hours each. 

“For the a.m. session, the bus will depart their campus at 9:15 a.m. and then they will then arrive at Blossom and wrap up their internship and job fair at 11:15 a.m. to head back to their campuses,” Weeks said. “And then the p.m. session will pick up at their campus at 11:45 a.m. and conclude at 1:45 p.m., returning them back to their campus.”

There are only 100 available slots for each session. 

“It’s very, very, very highly recommended that they not just apply, but register and get their required permission slip completed as soon as possible,” Weeks said.