The Student News Site of Claudia Taylor Johnson High School

My Jag News

My Jag News

My Jag News

Softball tournament kicks off intramurals

Intramural Softball takes over Johnson!

by Nick Casarez | Staff Writer

A new wave of entertainment is coming to Johnson High School. Intramurals are getting started, and will allow kids to play sports that they might not normally play in a casual and fun environment. It’s a chance for students to get out and try something new without having to worry too much about letting the team down or being too heavily criticized due to the pressures brought on by normal competition.

“We have our first intramural softball tournament on November 5th,” Coach Jennifer Fox said.

Fox is in charge of intramurals, and says that softball is just the beginning. As time goes on, more events and more sports will be added to generate appeal for the program within the entire student body.

“Our goal is to get it to the point where we have a game every week. We also want a variety of sports,” Fox said.

Students will be able to rely upon simulcast as the conduit for news about the program. Intramural leaders are making great efforts to broadcast the dates and times that students can show up to join in on the activities.

“We really want to get the message out there, and let the kids know about intramurals,” Fox said.

Students are very excited to get their game on.

“I can’t wait to play,” junior Melanie Roe said,”I’m on a team with some of my friends and it should be a lot of fun.”

The very idea of intramurals has stirred up a rousing conversation among students and has made its way to superior faculty members. Students should anticipate an exciting roster of events in the near future.

“We can’t wait to start new things, we have a dodgeball tournament that should be coming up soon,” Fox said.

The intramurals could constitute a new tradition for Johnson High School if the turnout proves strong enough.

“It would be great if we could get this started, get a good response, and keep it going,” Fox said.