The Student News Site of Claudia Taylor Johnson High School

My Jag News

My Jag News

My Jag News

Preparations for the Big Day

Seniors feel anxiety as the are just a few months away from college.

by Eduardo Calderon|Staff Writer

This week Jostens has paid another visit to Johnson High School.

“We’re getting seniors signed up for cap and gowns, and any other senior needs,” Jostens representative Joni Calkins said.

Seniors need to capitalize on their presence here.

“They need to get everything done before the 25th of January,” Calkins said.

If seniors do miss the deadline, a fee will be charged.

Official statements announce that a single entry order charge of $15 will be added to all cap and gown orders received after Jan. 25, 2012.

Jostens will only be at Johnson for select days during all lunch periods.

“We’ll be here January 10th and 11th, and one day next week,” Calkins said.

There is no need for money for cap and gowns when signing up.

“When filling out the form you don’t need to put money down unless you get other items,” Calkins said.

Cap and gowns are very important for seniors.

“I want my parents to see me in the graduation gear,” senior Orvil Venturia said, “Plus, I can’t walk the stage without it.”

Jostens offers many specials to the senior class.

“Any senior item that a student wants can be found in our catalog,” Calkins said.

Many items are available to seniors, such as senior class rings, frames, tassels, memory books, key chains, that can all be ordered from their catalog.

“I wish I could order all of them, but mostly the hoodies,” senior Orvil Venturia said, “It’s just too much, I can’t get them all with just my own money.”

Jostens has also created special package forms that can be found when signing up.

Official statements announce three packages with many popular items from the catalog and essential graduation items, along with three packages for cap and gowns with senior apparel.

Jostens has made payments easier for Johnson students.

Official statements announce payments can be made online this year at payments.jostens.com, if electronic payment isn’t accessible Jostens can be called at (210)826-7961, or faxed to place orders at (210)491-3832 (fax no later than Jan 24).

Although taking orders as of now, seniors won’t be receiving their items until later this year.

Official statements announce that delivery of senior orders will be delivered to the school in the Spring, announcements will be made at school and a mailer sent home to inform the delivery days.

There are many items to choose from, seniors have found a favorite among themselves.

“Sweats, everyone says they’re comfy, but they’re expensive,” senior Angela Sandoval said.

Although from the wide range of apparel and jewelry offered, some students are just looking for the necessities.

“I’m only getting the cap and gown,” senior Sean Encino said, “It’s the only thing you really need instead of buying those big, pricey packages they flaunt in student’s faces.”