The Student News Site of Claudia Taylor Johnson High School

My Jag News

My Jag News

My Jag News

12 Christmas movies that are definitely on the nice list

by Jeremy Reyes | staff writer

It’s that time of year again: the time for gifts, holiday music, tons of food, and Christmas movies. From the action of Die Hard to the holiday classics like Frosty the Snowman, here’s a list of christmas movies that you will want to binge this season.

#1. Die Hard

I know there is a lot of debate as to if this is a Christmas movie or not, but it does take place at Christmas time and the setting is a building during a Christmas party, so that’s good enough for me. If you want to see Bruce Willis deliver holiday cheer to some terrorists in the form of some hot lead, this will be the perfect movie to bring that good ole holiday cheer.

#2. Home Alone

This one’s a classic, this movie has been a staple of Christmas movies since it was released back in 1990. It is definitely one of the more popular picks on the list, as it is a hilariously classic tale of a young boy’s shenanigans while being home by himself and facing two burglars. Whether you’ve seen it already or not, this is a movie full of laughs to share with family or friends.

#3. Elf

A funny Christmas movie about Buddy the Elf traveling to New York City is a genuinely good film that would be an absolute blast to watch if you’re looking for a movie to watch with your family. Plus, it has Will Ferrell in it so what’s not to love?

#4.Polar Express

Another movie that most everyone probably already seen- especially if you went to public school in your elementary years. There’s nothing like taking a mystical choo-choo train all the way to the North Pole that really gives a jump start to the Christmas season, so grab your golden ticket and be prepared to board the Polar Express! (Admit it, you read it in Tom Hank’s voice).

#5. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

This one’s for everyone who enjoys comedies as opposed to serious movies. It’s about a guy who tries to have a perfect Christmas, but as it often goes in comedies, this doesn’t turn out so well. I won’t spoil it, but if you want to see a family Christmas get turned upside down then this is the movie for you.

#6. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

If you’re looking for a good old fashioned Christmas movie to take you back to your childhood, look no further than the classic story of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. We all know the story: A reindeer with a red nose must lead santa’s sleigh through a foggy Christmas eve. This one’s a must-watch for the holidays.

#7.Frosty the Snowman

This one’s another movie that came from the 1960’s, this one is about a snowman brought to life by magic and must return to the North Pole. Keep your soul jolly, grab some hot coco, and tune into this classic.   

#8.A Charlie Brown Christmas

Another on the long list of classic Christmas movies, this one is basically like the other Charlie Brown movies- he’s acting all depressed for one reason or another- except this time it’s Christmas

#9. Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

If i even have to explain this one to year than I’m sorry to say that you never had a childhood. Luckily it isn’t too late to start, so check this out if you haven’t already.

#10. A Christmas Carol

Here we have the final movie on our list. A Christmas Carol is the story of an old man who doesn’t like or understand the true meaning of Christmas, but eventually finds Christmas cheer. This is a great one to watch for the holidays and will make you think twice before being a Scrooge.

#11. It’s a Wonderful life

This one’s an old one being released bay in 1947, being so old, i haven’t had the chance to see this one yet but i’m going to be watching this one

#12. The Nightmare before Christmas

Apparently this is a Christmas movie? I haven’t seen this on either so i’m going to be watching this one too