Auden’s Kitchen redefines what it means to eat out

by Emily Moore | Staff Writer

The interior of Auden's Kitchen located on Sonterra

Stepping inside Auden’s Kitchen, I immediately realized that I was in for a treat. Even the interior design of Auden’s Kitchen set it apart from other restaurants I have dined at. From the miscellaneous pitchers, serving trays and platters lining the shelves to the bowls and equipment used as lighting, their ‘decor’ is the perfect marriage of timeless selections and modern twists.

The cuisine also ranks another step above average- think classic diner food done up a whole new way. The menu changes three times a day, and ranges from a decadent duck confit pizza to a classic turkey burger that doubles as a home for garlic dill yogurt and tomato jam. Even the humble french fry is enhanced by homemade ketchup that adds just the perfect spice.

A trip to Auden’s Kitchen is not complete without tasting their award-winning buttermilk fried chicken. This lemon-pepper marinated chicken is served with green beans, ‘mashers’, and Auden’s crushed black pepper gravy.

When dinner’s done, it’s time for dessert. Don’t leave without tasting the sticky toffee pudding. Its one of the chef’s signature dishes, and it’s easy to see why.

The restaurant layout easily accommodates all types of parties. The kitchen counter allows you to see the chefs cooking and the dining room offers the cozy atmosphere which dinner with the family usually entails. The small room is exactly what it’s name implies- an intimate room for smaller parties, and the big room, well, needs no explanation. Lastly, Auden’s Kitchen offers a patio, for those sunshine summertime events, with just a pinch of shade.

The next time you’re in the mood for something new, homemade, or just delicious, stop by Auden’s Kitchen. It’s better than your mom’s cooking (just don’t tell her I said so).

View Comments (1)