Students face harsher response to food deliveries

Addison Brown
Food delivery table is located at the welcome center for parent and guardian food deliveries.

Food is not allowed to be delivered to campus by DoorDash. 

Regarding the safety and security of students, no delivery method of any kind is permitted besides parent/guardian drop off at the welcome center.

“If every DoorDash came in we would have to check bags,” assistant principal Steven Berg said. “We would have to check every door dash person that came into our building.”
Students trying to meet a delivery person and receive a delivery will receive consequences of a day of ISS and, therefore, will lose exam exemptions for the semester. This per an email sent from campus principal Gary Comalander and published in his weekly newsletter to families.

“According to the district website the concern is safety,” Berg said, “to make sure we know who is on or campus.”

Students tend to try to DoorDash about once a week. Visitors may drop off food, however the school prohibits students getting food drop offs from food delivery companies and services.

“Teachers can,” Berg said, “I don’t know how many do it during the school year but I know it’s an option for them.”