The Student News Site of Claudia Taylor Johnson High School

My Jag News

My Jag News

My Jag News

MORE LASH FOR LESS CASH

I use mascara because I like the look it gives to my eyes; It makes my hazel eye color stand out more due to the dark saturation above it and creates a wispy look that I come in favor of. Although I do switch between false lashes or individual lashes, I always come back to mascara because it creates a natural look without it standing out of my preferred look. Whenever I do wear lashes, I end up putting on a few coats to perpetuate the darkness and add a more natural look to it. In the end, I will choose these mascaras to make my ideal appearance come true. When I go through the process of doing my mascara, I would also like to include that I do use a lash curler before applying to ensure a lifted look. This step of my makeup routine usually takes five minutes, but can gradually go up to 10 minutes or 15 because I prefer a specific look.

I like my lashes to be a specific length, structure, and clumpiness. For me, I have to use three different mascaras to achieve my ideal look everyday. It’s costly, but I find it worth the price every single time. These three particular mascaras are the Loréal Telescopic Lift, Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High in cosmetic black, and Maybelline Falsies Lash Lift in ultra black. I first put on the Telescopic Lift, which helps my lashes stay individual as its being lifted, then I choose the Sky High which accentuates the length and adds a darker tint to them. Lasty, I use the Falsies Lash Lift which adds a more wispy but still collected look for a finishing touch.

My favorite of all three would have to be the Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High, because you can create a lifted, thick and dark look with just a few coats. I’ve used it for years now, and not once has it let me down. It will definitely be an all-time favorite for me. You can find each of these mascaras at any local drugstore, or places like Target where beauty products are sold in their own section.

L’oreal Lash Lift

Price: $14.99

The L’oreal Lash Lift has a miniscule thin brush that helps coat each individual lash with any shade of your choice. I personally choose the shade blackest black so they can darken quickly.

Lash Sensational Sky High

Price: $12.99

The Lash Sensational Sky High offers a descending brush that focuses on volume.

Maybelline Falsies Lash Lift

Price: $11.99

The Falsies Lash Lift has a double-curved thick brush, and it creates a long lasting false lash effect that sets you for the day.

I buy these mascaras up to every month, because as all mascaras do, they can run out of the formula quickly. These three mascaras come up to a total price of $39.97 plus tax, hence the costly notice. But I find it worth it regardless, that may just be me though.